Schaefer Outfitter Careers
Technical Designer – Apparel
Founded in 1982, Schaefer Outfitter has been providing Western ranch and work wear to our customers for over 40 years. We are old friends with every rancher, farmer, horseman, and cowboy who spend their lives with the sun on their face and the elements beating at their back. Our clothing provides shelter, comfort, and peace of mind. We believe every stitch has meaning, and every rivet has a mission. We’ve worked a lifetime to ensure whatever we make lasts the rest of yours.
Schaefer Outfitter is growing its product team and we’re looking for a Technical Designer to support apparel development. This role is tasked with taking apparel designs from concept to production. This includes creating specs, fitting prototypes, confirming grade rules, and reviewing garment construction. This individual will work closely with design and product development to maintain fit, brand aesthetic, and product quality across all apparel programs. Detailed responsibilities include:
- Develop and maintain consistent fit, grading, and construction standards across all apparel (mens and womens)
- Communicate fit comments and construction call-outs to international vendor partners, making sure that production calendar is maintained to meet seasonal delivery dates
- Work with design to ensure that creative intention is executed in a practical, functional, way
- Lead all fittings; update tech packs with detailed fit comments, construction call outs, and designer notes
- Make suggestions with the intent of continual improvement of core styles as well as new development
- Minimum of 4+ years working in an apparel technical design position
- Must be highly skilled in Adobe Illustrator
- High-level organizational skills and ability to self-manage priorities based on production calendars
- In-depth knowledge of pattern-making, grading, and fit
- Ability to manage tech packs and spec sheets in Microsoft Excel
- 2+ years of experience in menswear development/technical design
- Comprehensive fabric and materials knowledge a plus
- Experience with extended sizing preferred
Full Time Benefits:
- Competitive salary
- 99% health and 100% dental & vision insurance premium coverage for employee and dependents
- Flexible vacation policy
- 401K program with matching contributions
- Generous employee discount!
Send inquiries to email@example.com for consideration.